UMBC Master's of Professional Studies in Technical Management
The goal of the program is to develop successful leaders in today’s organization. Our graduates know how to think strategically about leading people in a diverse environment, make sound ethical decisions, and utilize technology to provide a strategic advantage at an appropriate level of risk. In addition, our graduates are prepared to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
The Technical Management program is built around a core set of six courses that provide the foundational knowledge in leadership, communications, ethics and project management. The core courses are supplemented with technically-oriented courses in entrepreneurship, international project management, and organizational leadership. Students can also earn certificates in systems engineering, and cyber security along with the Master’s degree.
- Flexible program allows for customizing the degree to suit your career aspirations
- Our industry-based instructors combine their experience with theory to provide a rich classroom experience
- Our small classes are taught with a mix of in-person and online instruction that provides students best of an in-classroom experience while improving work-school life balance.
- UMBC is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a Research University (High Research Activity).
- For six years running (2009-2014), UMBC was ranked #1 in the U.S. News and World Report's list of "national up-and-coming" universities.
- Classes are conveniently offered in the evening on UMBC's main campus, located just five minutes from BWI Airport, with easy access to I-95 and the 695 Beltway.
© UMBC Division of Professional Studies · 1000 Hilltop Circle, Sherman Hall East 4th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21250 · 410-455-2336 · email@example.com